Friday, May 22, 2009

Cheesecake solves all problems!

I'm getting over my cholestrol being high again. I was really disappointed on Wednesday when she called and told me what my count was. I'd done everything I was supposed to but you know, shit happens. Life isn't standing still just because I have a cholestrol issue.

My cold finally subsided from a sinus invasion, to a snot fest to almost nothing. Finally. My mil keeps saying get the damn flu shot and I'm like why? Every time I have ever had a flu shot I have been even more sick than ever. In the last 5 years, I have only had 2 very bad colds that have turned out to be more than just a runny nose. Two years ago I spent 3 days in bed out of it and last week I got antibiotics for my sinuses. Not bad going, really so why mess with a good thing?

It's Himself's 42nd birthday on Sunday. Hence the cheesecake. I'm making this recipe :

Preheat the oven to 150C

Crust :
200g pack of smashed biscuits (something with chocolate in it)
1/3 cup melted butter
3ml cinnamon
3ml ginger

Mix it all together and mash it down in a 22cm springform pan. Refrigerate.

Cheesecake :
3 XL eggs
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tbs flour
500g cream cheese (sub creme fraische, cottage cheese)
1tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whipped cream, very cold

Beat it all together in a bowl, fold in the cream and pour into the pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven on a baking tray and bake for 50 minutes or so until a toothpick comes out clean.

I might add a sour cream topping, I might make a cherry topping....I might make both. What do you think?

No comments: