Friday, June 26, 2009

The end of an era?

Michael Jackson died yesterday after what sounds like a massive heart attack. He was 50. He died the same day that Farah Fawcett died of cancer. She was 62.

I was never a fan, in fact when he came over to South Africa (I think it was in 1997?), Himself went to the concert with friends while I got to watch Other C onstage during her dance school's annual recital. One of the songs they danced to was a Michael Jackson song so I got to hear him at least!

He was one of the most influential people in the pop music industry and I am sure will be sorely missed for his spurts of innovative brilliance. Out of all the songs he wrote and performed, Thriller and Forget About Me are the ones I liked the most.

Like others before him, he changed forever the music landscape into something infinitely better.

RIP MJ.

No comments: