Saturday, January 29, 2011

Indie Authors

I was fortunate enough to be given a Kindle last year October and have been having some great fun downloading samples and buying books. I'm a diehard print fan though so won't be giving up my addiction to Exclusive Books just yet!

However, the one thing that has really changed my reading experience has been talking to authors of the books I have been reading. How cool is that! I would never have thought to even contact the author of a book I enjoyed a year ago.

It has also introduced me to a whole world of Indie authors I didn't know existed. One place is The Indie Spot, a website dedicated to bringing readers and authors together where authors are not restricted in advertising their books and readers have access to their favourite authors. It's been a refreshing experience and one that I hope will continue for many many years.

No comments: