Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I hate when people lie to me

I posted about Other C's labour and birth earlier this month so thought it would be cool if I sent her some flowers and champagne (yes, I know, no drinking if you breastfeed! I don't care, it's a great drink ;) ).

So off to a new florist last Tuesday I went. Spent R500 on flowers and champagne which to anyone's mind is quite a lot of money seeing as how the biggest bunch for new babies on the Interflora site is R309. (and now Himself can freak out for the expense.) Yes, she's part of Interflora, no don't worry it will be delivered by Friday the 12th.

And what happens? No delivery. I call on Saturday, some feeble excuse about a fax that was never received by the delivering florist. Can they deliver on Monday? Sure I say, no problem. Guess what happens? Oh yes, no delivery, again. So I tell her to cancel the order because by now I'm pissed, pissed that the florist in Cape Town stuffed up. She calls me back, the delivering florist says that the flowers are on the delivery vehicle. No I say, I want the order cancelled and I want my money back. She says I need to call the florist in Cape Town.

Now back up a minute here. I must call the florist and demand my money back? Come on please give me a break. I'm the client, I paid her. It's not my problem. No she says, the florist doesn't want to listen to her and won't pay her back. Ok, so sucker that I am, I call the florist in Cape Town.

The real story is that she is not part of Interflora so I have no fallback if there is an issue. She called on Friday afternoon (um wasn't she supposed to have made the delivery for Friday???) to confirm that there was going to be a faxed order, which they got, but the payment only came through on Monday afternoon long after their orders for delivery had gone out. I can't fault the delivering florist because he saw that she wasn't an approved Interflora dealer so he asked for payment upfront before delivery.

Interflora has her contact details and their lawyer will be contacting her to remove the Interflora sign.

I just hate when people lie about their total and utter incompetence.

Don't ever use Flowers Inclusive if you can possibly help it.

Other C finally got her flowers and champagne this afternoon.

No comments: